Held Saturday, March 1st at Lower Merion High School in Ardmore, PA, A Winter Workshop offers a cappella groups a unique opportunity to collaborate with fellow musicians, develop their music, and share it with an enthusiastic audience!
A Winter Workshop is collaborative, centering around the needs and interests of groups. Attendees work closely with a team of internationally renowned clinicians and acclaimed music educators to develop their skills in areas including:
- group dynamics and business management (Shannon Phypers, Choral Director, Marlborough High School);
- on-stage performance and concert prep (Michael Eldredge, Living Fiction Photography);
- audio and video recording and distribution (Mark Hines, Senior Producer, The Vocal Company; and Rachel Chalhoub, Director of Video Production);
- and music history and criticism (Benjamin Stevens, Director of Education, Support A Cappella).
The schedule is as follows:
- workshops and group masterclasses in the morning;
- additional workshops and masterclasses in the early afternoon;
- a showcase concert in the early evening, including attendee groups and featuring two powerhouse headliners: the jazzy musicians of KeyStone and the celebrated singers of The Sing-Off’s Element!
A Winter Workshop is especially designed for the needs and challenges of the spring a cappella calendar. Whether you’re efining material for recording, competing in ICCA or ICHSA, preparing for your end-of-semester concert, or simply collaborating with a new network of fellow a cappella musicians, A Winter Workshop will give you the tools you need to meet your goals and make your music, better.
Because of the intensive, collaborative format, space is limited, so make sure to sign up today!
For more information, including questions about funding options and alternative payment methods, contact Benjamin Stevens, Support A Cappella’s Director of Education.